This is minto's private diary - be updated as there are some daily happenings, noteworthy happenings, mysterious happenings and paranormal happenings...no chance at all!

12/06/2007

Cooking class – Round two “Traditional Japanese dishes (maybe)”

4th December, it was the first Tuesday of December…so it was a cooking class day!!

We made a quiche and a soup (and something…) last month but this time, our recipes turned out to be Japanese ones! It’s so difficult to explain the name and how it is made that I plan to introduce just one dish I made.


The dish I wanted to tell you is like this;



This is a big dumpling which is made of Satoimo – it’s a kind of Japanese yam.

It’s easy to boil satoimos, mash them and cook a filling. But spreading mashed satoimo on my palm to make the dumpling is a bit difficult because it might feel itchy unless done quickly.

After making the dumpling, we fried them for a few minutes and put the soup on them. Finally we put Japanese horseradish and sprouts on them.

Actually the process was not too complicated but it looked like a nice, expensive one for Japanese people. So I’ll try to make it for my parents this weekend again.

No comments: