This is minto's private diary - be updated as there are some daily happenings, noteworthy happenings, mysterious happenings and paranormal happenings...no chance at all!

12/23/2007

Santa Clauses are coming to Shibuya

What do you know Dec. 22nd was? It was a Santacon 2007 in Tokyo (you can get some information from here.) I never know such an event but I’m really interested in how big it is, so I went to see at Hachiko-mae (a famous statue of dog) in front of Shibuya sta.

According to the website, Santa Clauses should be there at midday. But there aren’t so many Santas beyond half past 12. I suspected slight rain made their motivation low.

So I gave up to see them outside, I went to LOHB, a restaurant close to Shibuya intersection. Because I thought I might see their moving from there. Finally I succeeded to take some pictures.


Eventually it seemed there were about 40-50 Santas. And where they visited first was 109-2, a famous fashion department store in Shibuya. Santas might get some gifts there first…

No comments: