This is minto's private diary - be updated as there are some daily happenings, noteworthy happenings, mysterious happenings and paranormal happenings...no chance at all!

1/14/2008

My first Yoga in 8 months

Last Sunday I went to a yoga lesson. I started yoga just 2 years ago but it hurt my back and I gave it up last May. I don’t need to pay the admission fee nor a monthly fee for my studio - just a class fee when I drop in. In addition, I can use all the associated studios around Tokyo and each of them have pretty nice facilities (except the narrow changing rooms). So I’m satisfied with them overall.

This time I joined a class named “Relax” and the class, as its name suggests, aims to use stretching exercises to relieve your stressful mind. This meant that the yoga positions weren’t so difficult. Thankfully I could work out better than I thought even though this was my first yoga lesson in 8 months (but now, as of Monday, I have muscle aches in my back and upper arms).

However, he studio was packed full of about 50 people and that meant there was just 10 cm between the people next to me…is this a kind of “Relax” situation!? I don’t believe it so far.

I know the studio has become popular these days so the number of members is getting larger and larger, and now I have to be very careful not to hit someone behind me with my leg or my arm. I don’t like to do yoga nervously.

Well, I’m going to have to find a new studio soon.

No comments: