This is minto's private diary - be updated as there are some daily happenings, noteworthy happenings, mysterious happenings and paranormal happenings...no chance at all!

1/04/2008

The outcome of the gods’ looking after…

Despite having had lots of things to do at the end of 2007, I have NO really exciting plans for the New Year holidays after going to the shrine as usual.

Some women might have queued up to buy lucky bags before dawn from Japanese stores. Anyway, we must queue up wherever we go in New Year’s holidays but I’d rather buy what I really want. But I remembered what I needed on Jan. 3rd, so I went out shopping.

Actually what I needed were 2 extension cords and a new hair brush so I went to LOFT to buy a brush first. LOFT is a commodities store in the SEIBU department store in Tokyo, which deals with various kinds of import goods and fine products.

When I paid for the brush at the checkout counter, the checkout person gave me a scratchcard which was available from Jan. 1st to Jan. 3rd. for the so called New Year’s lottery(but surprisingly the store was closed on Jan. 1st so actually it was available for just 2 days!!)


The outcome was hidden by a silver panel, so I should scratch it with a coin or something. I scratched it there and found I won the 3rd prize!! That was a bath powder.


Actually there are 100,000 3rd prizes in total. Anyway, this is the first good luck for me in 2008 so I’m pleased to get it.

No comments: