This is minto's private diary - be updated as there are some daily happenings, noteworthy happenings, mysterious happenings and paranormal happenings...no chance at all!

11/07/2007

Cooking class - Round one "Christmas dinner"

There're two things I've started doing in this year - one is writing my blog in English, the other is joining a cooking class!!!


The cooking class is held on the first Tuesday night of each month. I could put the recipes on this site correctly in English but I guess that isn't so interesting for you..., so I'll introduce the name of dishes and some points about then.


First dish - Quiche with a few kinds of mushroom and spring onion



Basically, we have to make a piecrust from the beginning (but we used a ready-made one because this is just 2 hours class). I believe the most difficult thing about making quiche is preparing the flacky piecrust. In this case, "preparing" means thourghly mixing the ingredients together - flour, butter, sugar, salt and eggs.



So I'm not sure whether I can make it successfully at home, I might use the ready-made frozen piecrust then. Anyway, it tastes pretty nice and it costs less than the one which is sold at department stores. That's really nice.



Second dish - Creamy potato and cauliflower soup

This soup is made from just the vegetables - potatoes, cauliflowers and onion. We don't need to use milk or fresh cream. So I was surprised that it was very thick. I like the decoration on this dish. The red dots are some pieces of red bell pepper.



Third dish - Steamed chicken with onion and olive

...I can't see the chicken, it's a bad picture. The two other item on the plate behind the chicken aren't made by ourselves, but just garnish. The left one looks like a Christmas tree, doesn't it? This is made of boiled spinach.


This was my dinner on Tuesday. I had a lot of fun at this class and every dish can be made easily but looks so nice. After all, I think to take dishes' pictures, which look tasty, is the most difficult part of the class for me!

No comments: