This is minto's private diary - be updated as there are some daily happenings, noteworthy happenings, mysterious happenings and paranormal happenings...no chance at all!

11/12/2007

Short stories in the weekend

Yesterday I was out to get a couple of colorful sticks like this .

Do you know what they are? These are the incense sticks. Basically we Japanese are very familiar with incense sticks very much because we are used to offer them at Buddhist alters or burn the mosquito-repellent incenses in the summer.


Unlike the incense which is offered to Buddhist alters or to "debug", these smell like flower, wood or fruits.
In the picture above, "LULLABY" smells like lotus. However, I really don't know about the smell of lotus - but it's nice. The next one "SUNNY", which is my favorite incense, smells like cypress. This smell always makes me calm down. Finally I chose 9 kinds of scent, and have got 50 sticks in total.

By the way, when I chose the incenses at the store, there were 3 or 4 other customers at the same time. Surprisingly, they were all men and they seemed to take choosing the incenses very seriously. However, I've generally only seen a few men before who seemed to be there with their wife or girlfriend - each of the men this time were alone. It looks the number of men who care about their room fragrance is increasing.

No comments: