This is minto's private diary - be updated as there are some daily happenings, noteworthy happenings, mysterious happenings and paranormal happenings...no chance at all!

11/02/2007

Legacy gadget!? (just my thought)

I started new English lesson yesterday. The name of class is "Listening and Speaking," and (as the name suggests) the lesson aims to expand English listening and speaking skills. The instructor, who comes from Australia, fixes our wrong expressions over and over again, so I think this lesson will be really useful for me.


We also train by listening to English phrases using audio CD, and we can copy the training materials as we like. According to a school staff if I bring a new MD I can copy them---MD!?!?


Exactly, MD (Mini Disc) was popular among many people in Japan until a couple of years ago, and I've also used it before. But now, I guess iPods or some other portable audio players with harddiscs are much more popular and useful than MD. And I have no MD players, just an iPod...

Looking at a few websites most MD players aren't so cheap. Additionally, I' ve found one which can be connected to PCs. Unfortunately it's so expensive (over 30000JPY) though I think very useful.

So should I get a MD player just for listening to the training material? This is a big problem for me.

No comments: